Thanks for your interest in becoming a Campaign Scout! Take these easy steps to get started. Please read the Terms below. When you click “I Accept” you’ll be directed to a form where you can get a referral code.
By signing up as a Campaign Scout (“Contractor”) you are entering into an independent contractor agreement (“Agreement”) as of the date you get a referral code with Project Greenhouse, LLC, a District of Columbia corporation (“Company”), under the terms outlined below.
- Company-Contractor Relationship. This Agreement establishes a Company-Contractor relationship.
- Term. The term of this consulting Agreement shall commence on the date accepted and shall continue through November 6, 2018 unless earlier terminated in accordance with Section 6 below.
- Contractor’s Duties. Contractor accepts and agrees to market Company’s services to potential clients.
- Fees and Expenses. i. In consideration of the services to be performed by Contractor under this Agreement, the Company shall pay the Contractor ten percent (10%) (“Referral Fee”) of any subscription fee paid to Company by clients referred from Contractor for the duration of the client’s campaign (through Election Day, November 6, 2018). Any further endeavors between the Company and a referred client after November 6, 2018, are not subject to the Referral Fee. Company will not be responsible for payment of any Referral Fee, if the Company never receives payment of client’s subscription fees. ii. Payments due to Contractor will be paid monthly to Contractor.
- Independent Contractor. Contractor agrees that in performing its duties and obligations under this Agreement, and rendering services to Company, Contractor will be acting as an independent contractor of Company, and not as an employee of Company. Accordingly, Contractor is responsible for filing all necessary and required tax filings, reports, payments, and similar obligations. Company is not responsible for any workers’ compensation, Medicare, Medicaid, or other similar deductions or contributions, which shall be the sole responsibility of Contractor. Furthermore, Contractor is not entitled to any coverage for medical, dental, long term disability, life insurance benefits, or other benefits that Company may offer to its own employees. In addition, Contractor also waives any and all rights to employee-related benefits including, but not limited to, vacation, sick time, absences, holidays, educational assistance, and special employee savings plans and bonuses of any type.
- Termination. Notwithstanding other provisions of this Agreement, either party may terminate this Agreement by giving the other party thirty (30) days written notice. The Company may terminate this Agreement for cause without notice to the Contractor.
- Notices. All notices required or permitted under this Agreement shall be sufficient if given in writing and either hand-delivered, digitally sent with acknowledgement of receipt, or sent by overnight delivery with signature required, to the other party at the address set forth below or to such other address as either party may designate in writing. The effective date of notice shall be the day after it is deposited with a recognized overnight delivery service (if given by overnight delivery); acknowledgement of receipt (if digitally sent); or upon receipt by the party to whom notice is given (if given by hand). If to Company, to: Campaign Greenhouse, PO Box 55033, Washington, DC 22040. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. If to Contractor, to the email given upon subscription
- Applicable Law. The parties agree that all services under this agreement shall be performed in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws governing any aspect of these services. The terms of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia.
- Arbitration. a. All disputes, including but not limited to, disputes relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or existence of an agreement arising from or relating to this Agreement or breach thereof that are unresolved as provided above shall be settled by arbitration by the American Arbitration Association. b. Arbitration shall be in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, using a single arbitrator format regardless of the amount in dispute, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. If all parties to the dispute agree, a mediator involved in the parties’ mediation may be asked to serve as the arbitrator. The prevailing party in any such dispute shall be entitled to an award inclusive of reimbursement of any fees paid to the arbitrator and any case filing fees or case management fees paid to the arbitration association. This arbitration procedure is in lieu of any right that might otherwise exist to a trial by jury. c. The terms of this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the District of Columbia without resort to conflict of law rules. The United States Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement, and proceedings pursuant to the arbitration clause in this agreement. The place of arbitration shall be in the District of Columbia. d. All claims, disputes, and controversies arising out of or in relation to the performance, interpretation, application, or enforcement of this agreement, including but not limited to breach thereof, shall be referred to mediation before, and as a condition precedent to, the initiation of any adjudicative action or proceeding, including arbitration.
- Indemnification. Each party shall indemnify the other party, as well as its officers, directors, employees, agents and affiliates, from and against any and all third party liabilities, judgments, obligations, losses, damages, claims, suits and proceedings (including legal expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees) to the extent caused by the willful negligence or intentional misconduct of the indemnifying party in connection with the performance of this Agreement or work carried out.
- Proprietary Information. The Contractor acknowledges that Company possesses and produces information that is deemed “Proprietary Information.” All Proprietary Information will be the sole property of Company. At all times hereafter, the Contractor will keep in confidence and trust all Proprietary Information, and will not disclose any Proprietary Information without the advance written consent, except as may be necessary in the ordinary course of performance of services under this Agreement. This section survives the termination of this Agreement.
- Confidentiality. a. The confidential information to be disclosed by Company under this Agreement (“Confidential Information”) can be described as and includes but is not limited to internal, organizational data, third-party data, training programs, intellectual property belonging to the Company, statistical information, funders lists, and/or membership lists provided to Company by third-party organizations working in coordination with Company. b. In addition to the above, Confidential Information shall also include sensitive information which is (a) disclosed by Company in writing and marked as confidential (or with other similar designation) at the time of disclosure; and/or (b) disclosed by Company in any other manner and identified as confidential. c. This section does not prohibit Contractor from utilizing and communicating necessary information with third parties to fulfill the Contractor’s obligations under this Agreement. d. This Agreement imposes no obligation upon Contractor with respect to any Confidential Information (a) that was in Contractor’s possession before receipt from Company; (b) is or becomes a matter of public knowledge through no fault of Contractor; (c) is rightfully received by Contractor from a third party not owning a duty of confidentiality to the Company; (d) is disclosed without a duty of confidentiality to a third party by or with the authorization of the Company; or (e) is independently developed by Contractor.
- Entire Agreement. This agreement contains all of the agreements between the Company and Contractor, and may not be modified orally or in any manner other than by an agreement in writing, signed by both parties.